florapothecarie is a line of 100% natural & vegan skincare handmade by Sami Jo Jensen in Connecticut. We’re certified as cruelty-free and vegan by Leaping Bunny and PETA. I founded florapothecarie in 2016 because I believe in better beauty. It all began in 2009, when I looked at the ingredients in my favorite body wash and realized I couldn’t pronounce most of them. Through research, I discovered many were toxic chemicals linked to skin ailments from mild rashes to cancers and even birth defects. I tossed all offending cosmetics and began studying herbalism and whipping up natural alternatives. I use only the highest quality natural, organic, and fair trade certified ingredients in my expertly crafted facial serums, toner & masks, bathing salts, whipped body butters and more. My products contain absolutely no artificial colorants, fragrances, parabens, preservatives, or other toxic chemicals. the florapothecarie philosophy: We believe in the healing, calming, and beautifying power of nature. We believe in using real plant essences, extracts, herbs, and oils, nothing synthetic and nothing produced by animals. We believe in taking care of our planet, our animals, and ourselves. Every product we make is handcrafted with love in small batches. You’re a natural beauty; keep your beauty natural.™ We’re also committed to the health and future of our planet. Here’s what that looks like:
- We don’t use any toxic chemicals in our products, which means they’re safe for you and safe for the earth.
- We use glass jars and paperboard containers, which are easily reusable, recyclable, or compostable.
- Our ingredients are sustainably harvested and certified organic or non-GMO whenever possible.
- Our gift & shipping boxes, tissue paper, marketing collateral, business cards, and everything we print at home is made from or printed on recycled materials or post-consumer waste paper.
- All of our wholesale orders are shipped carbon neutral.
- We recycle and compost everything we possibly can. We’re proud that our recycling bin is usually more full than our trash can!